2018-19 Try-Out Information
Policy for Prospective Athlete Try-outs
Athletes and Parents are required to register online before trying out for a 2018-19 Sport. Online registration should be completed here: https://lowell-mi.finalforms.com See the ParentPlaybook Lowell MI to start the process.
The annual required parent meeting was held on Thursday, August 9th, at 7:00 pm in the high school auditorium. This was a required meeting for parents of all students who will be involved in sports in the 2018-19 school year, even if you attended the parent meeting in previous years. Dr. Greg Dale, of Duke University, was the keynote speaker. If you were not able to attend this meeting, you will be required to watch an online video and take the quiz.
Winter sport try-outs/practices begin October 29 – November 19 (depending on the sport; see specific dates below). Before tryouts begin, please make sure:
- a physical is on file in the Athletic Office dated April 15, 2018, or later
- the activity fee is paid as soon as tryouts are finished, or by the first day of practice if no tryouts (or let the Athletic Office know if you are on the lunch program or this is your 3rd sport and free)
- student-athlete will have passed 4 classes from previous trimester
- parent attends the athletic parent meeting on August 9th (or in the alternative watches the video/takes the quiz; this only needs to be done once per year, per family
- student-athlete is registered online at FinalForms (this only needs to be updated once per school year)